Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mileage

I've been riding a LOT (for me).

Problem is most of it is on bike paths (Santa Fe Trail, Sinton Trail, etc). I started parking at the Park-N-Ride at Tejon and I-25 and bike commuting to and from work from there. All in all it's a good thing. Save gas, save money, get fit and lose weight (if I can eat right!). Oh...I supposed that I'm even reducing my contribution to "greenhouse pollution" too (whatever).

That's 8.5 miles each way...for a minimum of 17 miles a day and 85 miles a week if I stick with it 5 days a week. So far I've been able to do at least 4 days a week for the last 5 weeks. Haven't dropped any weight to speak of...but that is another issue, my metabolism has adjusted so now I need to crank down on my intake.

Rollo and I will be pushing out ride invites as often as possible through the Yahoo Group. We have a regular weekly trail ride every Friday and look for more weekend rides as the summer goes along.

Pikes Peak DH anyone? Send comments or an email if you're interested.

Keith

No comments: