Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Palmer Park Ride Report

I got my butt kicked today.

By the heat, by the rocks and by some good riders!

Forecast is for low 90's...and I only jam down two glasses of water an hour before the ride. Can you say "Duh!". I haven't been spending enough time on technical trails either apparently. I came away with more bacon today than I've had in years. It's pretty awesome.

A couple of good riders from Dust2Dust showed up, Chris and Chris. One of them from Montana, loved Templeton. Jeff the hammer showed up...then disappeared...then called to say "Hey...where are you guys?" Funny stick boy uber fit riders!

We rode part of Templeton (
Templeton had my number. One nice rock scrape to the shin...one side flop onto sandstone with forearm) then dropped down to Greencrest, rode back around by the stables, up Cheyenne to the Overlook and headed to the Improv. I had to bail...I was lightheaded and dehydrated. Dork.

1 comment: